Why am I doing this?
- Store locations: This is the primary reason I want to reset. When this server was setup, there was a bug in the creation of shops, you may have noticed that shops tend to be very sparse in most places. At the same time, sometimes you will come across a group of sectors the have a *ton* of shops very close together. Resetting will regenerate the shops and distribute them properly
- New manned shop: by resetting, we will get a manned shop in 2,2,2 so you can hire crew.
- Dead user/ship/faction removal: doing a reset will get rid of single person factions, as well as inactive ships and users.
After the reset, I will probably change a few settings:
- Uplinked users: I will probably make our server an uplinked username only server, and restrict each user to a max of 2 accounts on the server.
- Collision damage: I will probably turn on collision damage, makes you a little more mindful of just bouncing into things.
- Blueprints: I may reduce the amount of blueprints a player can have. On the fence about this one.
So what about all your stuff? Well I have a plan for that too, which is why we will not do this before the 15th.
- Stations/Planets: Email me the sector the station or planet is in, and I will export that sector, and then re-import it after the reset.
- Ships: Before the reset, move your ship into a sector you are having exported above, or move your ship to -1 4 -1, this sector will be exported and re-imported after the reset.
- Blueprints: again, before the reset, simply email me the blueprint name and I'll export it and re-import it
In all of the above cases, we will have to re-establish your ownership of the ship once you have logged in and recreated your account.