IMPORTANT! Server Reset April 15th

All the news that's worth printing.
Karride
Site Admin

IMPORTANT! Server Reset April 15th

Post by Karride » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:09 pm

Sometime after 10pm Central on the April 15th, I will be resetting the server. This will be a full reset, so factions, blueprints, everything will be gone.

Why am I doing this?
  • Store locations: This is the primary reason I want to reset. When this server was setup, there was a bug in the creation of shops, you may have noticed that shops tend to be very sparse in most places. At the same time, sometimes you will come across a group of sectors the have a *ton* of shops very close together. Resetting will regenerate the shops and distribute them properly
  • New manned shop: by resetting, we will get a manned shop in 2,2,2 so you can hire crew.
  • Dead user/ship/faction removal: doing a reset will get rid of single person factions, as well as inactive ships and users.

After the reset, I will probably change a few settings:
  • Uplinked users: I will probably make our server an uplinked username only server, and restrict each user to a max of 2 accounts on the server.
  • Collision damage: I will probably turn on collision damage, makes you a little more mindful of just bouncing into things.
  • Blueprints: I may reduce the amount of blueprints a player can have. On the fence about this one.

So what about all your stuff? Well I have a plan for that too, which is why we will not do this before the 15th.
  • Stations/Planets: Email me the sector the station or planet is in, and I will export that sector, and then re-import it after the reset.
  • Ships: Before the reset, move your ship into a sector you are having exported above, or move your ship to -1 4 -1, this sector will be exported and re-imported after the reset.
  • Blueprints: again, before the reset, simply email me the blueprint name and I'll export it and re-import it
[/list]
In all of the above cases, we will have to re-establish your ownership of the ship once you have logged in and recreated your account.

BrassGorilla

Re: IMPORTANT! Server Reset April 15th

Post by BrassGorilla » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:14 pm

Hi! I just found this server and it looks like it's exactly what I'm looking for. Unfortunately I don't really see much point in starting here if the server is just getting wiped in 2 weeks. Is there any way that can be moved up or something?

Karride
Site Admin

Re: IMPORTANT! Server Reset April 15th

Post by Karride » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:51 pm

Unfortunately, it wouldn't be very fair to my regulars who are expecting this to happen on the 15th to move it up.
If you think we are what you are looking for can I tempt you with a bribe of building blocks to give you a nice headstart? :D Like I said, we can re-import your stuff, so nothing will be lost by starting now.